Monday, August 03, 2009

Greetings From Asheville, North Carolina!

Asheville and I go back a long ways. I've got family there who I used to visit almost every year growing up. I'd spend the summer eating my Great-Grandma's fried chicken with biscuits and greens from her garden, and then I'd sit on the front porch reading comic books and listen to the sounds of the racetrack just over the hills.

Even as a kid, it seemed like the mountains of North Carolina were the most beautiful place on Earth....





I haven't been down there in quite awhile but I hear about it every so often. Apparently the hippies and hipsters have learned what I know about Asheville, and are moving there in droves. The music scene is hopping, festivals are flourishing, and people are calling the town the new Austin.

I wonder if the old southern charm from my youth remains there? I'll have to get back down soon, I bet it's just as beautiful as I remember...

2 comments:

Kevin P. said...

My home state - I spent plenty of fine vacation days in Asheville. I haven't been back to the mountains of NC in a long time though . . . a gross injustice in my life, to be sure.

Anyway, nice blog! I've linked you in over at Wtf-Film.com.

Kindest regards,

Kevin P.

supreme nothing said...

Hey thanks for the kind words, Kevin! I really like wtf-film.com a lot. You cover a lot of films I truly love!