Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Six Million Dollar Man

Before Star Wars came along and blew our minds, the Six Million Dollar Man was what every kid watched obsessively while begging for the super-cool toys.

Here's two scans of comic book magazine ads from 1976 for what has to be one of the greatest line of toys ever made. The engine lifting arm. the circuts under the skin, the incredible Bionic eye! Man, I really wish I still had my Steve Austin and Maskatron action figures...


And I mean action figures, not dolls!!!

And while we're at it, here's the best television intro ever...

1 comment:

johnny dollar said...

i LOVED my steve austin action figure and the plastic rocket it came in.

i saw one in a vintage toy store about 10 years and got a little verklempt.

i still have my tinkertoys and lincoln logs... geez i wish i still had my steve austin...